Covered CA Information
- New Parent Information
- Pride Lion News
- Stay Connected
- Events & Activities
- Volunteer Information
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Covered CA Information
Welcome to Cornerstone Academy Preparatory School (CAPS)…We are so excited to have you join our Pride Lion Community.
CAPS is an exceptional school that is highly academic and challenging. We look forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our scholars can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order for our scholars to be successful in school, our scholars need support from both home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your scholar’s education. We ask that you guide and support your scholar’s school experience by actively participating in our community. Our scholars can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the various events and activities Cornerstone has been fortunate to offer.
We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
- Teacher-led class support as your scholar’s class Homeroom Parent
- Leading and/or supporting PA events
- Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers.
Here at CAPS, we make every effort to enable scholars and parents/guardians to stay connected to what is going on in our school and community.
Here are some of the ways you can keep in touch with our Pride Lion Community:
Marquee and Front Office Bulletin Board – We post information about upcoming event and activities and we encourage you to get into the habit of checking each day, either before school or after school.
Pride Lion News – Our monthly newsletter offers great information for all groups within our CAPS community. Know what is going on and sign up for our newsletter today!
- Social Media – Find out about real time communication by liking our Facebook page and by following us on Twitter @Cornerstone2010.
PA Meetings – Take place every second Wednesday of each monthly for school year 2014-2015, beginning at 6:30PM in the CAPS MPR (multi-purpose room). These meetings are more strategic in nature allowing PA officers and Committee Chairs to focus on planning and executing to upcoming events and activities.
- PA Town Hall Meetings – Take place in the month of August, November, February, & May. for school year 2014-2015, beginning at 6:30PM in the CAPS MPR (multi-purpose room). These meetings are designed to provide overall communication to the greater CAPS Community.
- Class Homeroom Parent – Do you know who your scholars homeroom parent is? If not, you should find out as this person is the liaison between the teacher, staff, PA and you. The Homeroom Parent represents their class parent and communicates the needs and interest of their class.
- PA Officers – CAPS has a very active PA organization. You may email them directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Volunteer Hours
For tracking volunteer hours for donating, directing traffic and helping the teachers, please visit: http://www.capspa.org/track-
Cornerstone continues to create a proud tradition of parent involvement, and the PA offers a wide range of volunteer activities, which allow parents to match their interests and availability. Volunteering is rewarding in that it enhances our scholar’s educational experience and provides opportunities to get to know other Cornerstone families, faculty and staff.
Many committees are in the early planning stages and would welcome your participation. We encourage all parents to select one or more volunteer positions from the items listed below. As you’ll see, there is something for everyone!
Family Movie Night (Fall and Spring)
Bake Sale (Winter and Spring)
Donuts with Dad
Muffins with Mom
Year End BBQ